Income tax filing deadline has been extended from March 31 to June 30.
Federal Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has issued several announcements in view of the coronavirus outbreak and the impact it has on the economy.
Accordingly, for the current fiscal year Income tax filing He announced that the deadline for doing so would be extended from March 1st to June 5th.
Nirmala Sitharaman has also issued multiple income tax declarations. Key features include:
* Income tax filing Those who fail to do so can file up to 3 per cent exemption till June 3 under a special scheme. It is now advisable to pay within the same time period with no additional charge.
* Tax deduction for deposits under Section A of the Income Tax Act has been increased from 1st March to 5th June.
* DTS does not have to be extended for dear. At the same time it was reduced to 9%.
* Deadline for attaching Aadhaar number to PAN card has been extended till June 30. Previously it was March 31st.
* Deadline for issuing income tax notices, investigations, fees, etc. has been extended by June 3.